Theme: How to get to a $1 Trillion p.a. Market
“A systemic response from global finance is required. Asset owners and managers need to adjust their capital allocations. Banks and corporates need to commence large scale green bond programs. Funding clean energy and green infrastructure to meet NDC goals is the objective. $1 trillion in green finance by 2020 is the performance measure.”
International market actors, leaders, policymakers will gather in London on the week beginning Monday 19th March 2018 to discuss and debate how to scale the global green bond market from billions to trillions.
Day 1: China Green Bonds Investor Forum, plus Champions workshop (nomination required)
Day 2: Main conference
Day 2 Evening: 3rd Annual Green Bond Pioneer Awards Ceremony
Day 3: Specialist Roundtables
For leaders in green bond market development. Reserve your place now! We have 550 seats available, but our 2017 conference was over-subscribed, so register now.
Meet bond investors, issuers and decision-makers. You will have the opportunity to connect, network and collaborate around an agenda of big ideas in green finance and investment.
Monday 19 March
Venue: London Stock Exchange, City of London
China Green Bonds Investor Forum, in association with EuroMoney
14 potential Chinese green bond issuers meet green bond investors. Restricted audience; please apply.
- Dr Ma Jun, Secretary-General of China’s Green Finance Committee
- Dr Ma Xianfeng, Vice-Chair, China Securities Regulatory Commission
- Representative from Principles of Responsible Investment, representing USD 70 trillion of AUM
- Prospective green bond issuers, such as ICBC, Industrial Bank of China, Huizhou Bank, Shanghai-Pudong Development Bank, Goldwind, Bank of China
- Sir Roger Gifford, City of London Green Finance Initiative
- Sean Kidney, CEO, Climate Bonds Initiative
Green Bond Champions Workshop
This a closed door workshop for individuals working within the financial sector. It will involve sharing experience of achieving organisational change, with coaching from existing green bond practitioners. English language only.
Would-be participants have to apply to attend, briefly explaining how they are working to grow the green bonds market. No charge for this workshop.
Climate Bond Partners Reception
Networking reception for Climate Bond Partners and Champions, complete with an open discussion on how to rapidly grow the green bonds market.
Tuesday 20 March
Venue: 155 Bishopsgate, next to Liverpool Street Station.
All day, Registration from 7.30am, Start 8.30am sharp.
The Big Plenaries
- What the public sector needs to do this year
- The move towards global harmonisation: HLEG for Sustainable Finance, Green Definitions and the SDGs
- Big predictions for the coming year
A Cornucopia of Parallel Sessions on the Day
- Tales from 2017’s Happy Treasurers: Sharing the experience of Green Bond Issuance
- Green Sovereigns: how-to, prospects
- Emerging markets green bond development
- Greening China’s Belt & Road Initiative
- Beyond mitigation: how green bonds are being used for resilience and adaptation bonds
- The missing link: US Corporate Green Bonds
- Opportunities with Aggregation: Sovereign funds, infrastructure debt funds, ABS, covered bonds
- The rise of green loans
- Achieving a Just Transition
- Newsbreak: green munis pricing
- A plan for Green City bonds
Evening 20th March
3rd Annual Green Bond Pioneer Awards
Refreshments and Networking
Wednesday 21 March
Please confirm participation for the open sessions when registering. (Various locations in the City of London - TBC).
- Green Finance Centres Roundtable, co-hosted with UNEP Inquiry
- Currency hedging for emerging markets, led by TCX
- Training: How to issue a green bond; How to verify
- The Paris 1.5C target - What it means for green bonds
- Roundtable on Aggregation Solutions in Emerging Markets
- Climate Bonds assurance roundtable
- The amazing Climate Bonds Standards Programme
- Roundtable on climate risk for fund managers
- London Meeting: European Green Securities Steering Committee (EGSSC), co-led by European Covered Bonds Council
Discount rates for NGO representatives
FREE for Emerging Market government officials and other selected emerging market participants
FREE places for students studying green finance
We hope to see you in London.